List Last Updated: June 13, 2013
- KORG SyncKontrol for monotribe - Control the Korg monotribe’s tempo with your iPhone!
- KORG iMS-20 - iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, analog sequencer, drum machine, and even Korg’s Kaoss Pad technology.
- iELECTRIBE - The iELECTRIBE beatbox faithfully recreates the historic ELECTRIBE·R’s entire sound engine and sequencer capabilities.
- iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition - Korg has teamed up with the hugely popular and globally successful virtual band Gorillaz™ to create a new dedicated beatbox for the iPad: The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition.
- Bassline - Turn your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into a Bass Synthesizer and start rolling your own grooves.
- MoDrum - A beat-making app that features real-time synthesis of drum sounds that range from TR-808 style to real.
- NLogSynth PRO - Professional Virtual Analogue Synthesizer for iPad
- NLog MIDI Synth - Professional Virtual Analogue Synthesizer for iPhone
- ReBirth and ReBirth for iPad - Propellerhead Software’s legendary Techno Micro Composer has been resurrected and customized for the iPad. ReBirth faithfully emulates dance music’s three backbone devices: The Roland TB-303 Bass synth and the Roland TR-808 and 909 drum machines.
- Arctic Keys (Universal) - Arctic Keys is a virtual analog synthesizer. With a classic dual-oscillator subtractive synthesis design that gives you the sound creation flexibility we all know and love.
- Tabletop - Modular audio environment for iPad.
- iKaossilator - The palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer placed modern music-making in the hands of thousands of musicians and non-musicians alike. Now that same excitement has been captured in the iKaossilator app for iPhone!
- BeatMaker 2 - The most advanced mobile music workstation.
- Addictive Synth - It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops! The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis of Addictive Synth for iPad allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory.
- Yamaha TNR-i - The iOS version of the world-renowned TENORI-ON brings you a completely new musical interface. Even if you don’t know much about music, you can create music intuitively as if you were arranging sounds in space…
- S4 Rhythm Composer Free app! – The S4-Rhythm composer is a beatbox that allows you to compose 64 beat patterns.
- S4 Industrial Composer Also a free app! - This app is a beatbox that allows you to compose and play 64 industrial beat patterns.
- iVoxel - iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine.
- Rhythm Studio - A premier universal electronic music making app, boasting richly detailed graphics and incredible sound, with impeccable recreations of classic synths and drum machines along with other amazing studio hardware.
- Stochastik Drum Machine - Stochastik is a full-featured Drum Machine with one outstanding difference. Unlike other Drum Machines, Stochastik lets you set a *probability* that a note will trigger for each step. So, your basic beat can rock steady while accents and syncopation only happen every so often.
- DM1 – The Drum Machine and DM1 for iPhone - An advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
- New! Loopseque and Loopseque Mini - Loopseque it’s a new music ecosystem which includes powerful sequencer, sampler, fx processor and record store with many beautiful releases from talented artists.
- Anaphobia Mini - Free app – Anaphobia Mini is a monophonic virtual analog synthesizer for iOS 5.0. It features a classical analog synthesizer setup using a VCO, LFO, VCA and VCF. Of course, none of it is really controlled by voltage, but rather by a 32-bit digital synthesis engine.
- flail - FLAIL is an innovative and slightly experimental live performance synthesizer. You control it using intuitive touch controls and device movements (also known as FLAILING).
- Auria - 48 track digital audio recording system for iPad.
- Magellan – The bold new professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPad, not content with just one synth, Magellan features two independent polyphonic synth engines.
- Figure - Got three minutes and want to make some music?
- KORG iPolysix – iPolysix is an analog polyphonic synthesizer that’s been carefully designed to take full advantage of the 7.9-inch display of the new iPad mini as well as the iPad. Bringing together a sequencer, drum machine, and even a mixer, it transforms your iPad or iPad mini into the ultimate analog synth studio.
- Synergy Studio – A sequencer that enables music creation by all musical abilities. By simply tapping on the grid interface users can lay down a series of notes and patterns of up to 64 notes to create a musical sequence.
- DrumJam – DrumJam is a whole new world of percussion and drums for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Designed by award winning international percussionist Pete Lockett and Sonosaurus LLC, the developer of ThumbJam, this app is a real first for percussion.
- Magellan Jr – A bold new professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPhone. Not content with just one synth, we gave Magellan TWO independent polyphonic synth engines. Individually or together, they deliver a new powerful warmth to the sound of iOS music.
- New! Galileo Organ - Galileo’s 11 unique organ types recreate anything from a leaky old 300-pounder to the transistor-most of the red boxes. The organ comes complete with three manuals, Scanner vibrato/chorus emulation, percussion module & settable organ parameters such as leakage, keyclick, attack & release and more. The signal is rounded out by a virtual-tube, Class-A inspired preamp, as well as a powerful rotary cabinet simulator with 3 cabinet types and multiple parameters.
- New! Nave – Next generation Wavetable Synthesis. Nave is Waldorf’s first synthesizer App development – created by chief engineer and director Stefan Stenzel, NLog mastermind Rolf Wöhrmann and Design Guru Axel Hartmann. The Nave sound engine includes two novel Wavetable oscillators, leaving every previous attempt in wavetable synthesis far behind. The spectrum of a sound can be transposed independently of its pitch. The waves are being rendered periodically to noisy. Especially sounds with an accent on formants can be reproduced easily, which made us integrate a speech synthesizer for the easy creation of wavetables.
Comment below if there’s a new WIST supported app, or if I left one out.
Like this list? Check out my grand list of app lists here!