Archive for April 28, 2012
TouchOSC is listed at 3:38 in the video.
A live, improvised jam using only iOS apps and Ableton Live, and drums from NI’s Kontkat. Four of the devices are producing sound, and Lemur is wirelessly controlling effects and live looping in Ableton Live, as well as triggering drums in NI’s Kontakt. Nothing was pre-recorded or pre-sequenced for this performance. The only preparation for this piece was pressing “play” in Ableton to start the sequencer at 120bpm, matching NodeBeat’s clock.
Apps used: Physynth by Simian2, AffinityBlue’s NodeBeat, Lemur by Liine, and two instances of Moog’s Animoog.
Software used: Ableton Live, and NI’s Kontakt.
Download the audio for free at SoundCloud: http://snd.sc/H4NQ2w
Check out the full article at iDownload Blog!
[!!! Be careful this application does not provide a sound, it is to control the sound in the studio - it's not a sequencer, it's the midi controller]
Midi Studio it’s great midi controller for your home or professional studio. WIth this application you can play on a virtual keyboard, move faders, knobs, play with drums pad. One of the best feature of this application, it’s playing your notes with velocity sensitivity, you can hit the screen, stronger or weaker. Also you can change modulation using the surface of the keys, you can change a pitch, you can use built-in arpeggiator and many other interesting features.
Midi Studio Features:
-[True Velocity Sensitive ] (with the force of impact)
-[Different Keys Size]
-[Custom Key Scale] – (Like: Major, Minor, Klezmer, etc…)
Their website has a list of features that they will be implementing in version 2.0:
In next version of Midi Studio we plan to implement following things:
- Ability to create your own layouts/templates and controls. - It will be interesting and a big update, so in theory your controller in Midi Studio can be look same as your favorite working device/vst plugin… Imagine that you see on the iPad/iPhone screen – Ableton Live’s plug-ins, Logic’s synths/effects, some vst/au plugins like MiniMoog, some hardware synths or mixers like Mackie Control, Behringer, etc. And all this can be have exactly the same look, so left for you only touch with your finger on a screen then control your work with it. It may be downloaded already created templates by us or you can create your own controls with different layouts.
- Basic transport Controls at the top of the screen.
- On/off solo, rec buttons near faders. etc.
- Longer faders, Horizontal faders
- Different Velocity Presets
- A more different key sizes
- Ableton Live presets for (Midi Sync settings)
• AudioPaste lets you choose the wav file name
• SynthStation and CoreMIDI (for background apps) can be used simultaneously
• Bug fixes regarding undo and saving