What’s New in Version 2.1 (released on May 22, 2012):
This release improves MIDI support, export options, VoiceOver accessibility, and fixes several bugs.
Please remember to send any feedback to email@example.com or the forums at thumbjam.com. We like to help out our users, but cannot respond to App Store reviews!
• Allows background recording, when TJ is being controlled by other MIDI-enable software or hardware, records both the generated audio and the incoming MIDI.
• MIDI Thru mode option (translates scale lock mode if enabled)
• Added Instrument Mute option which silences instrument audio output (Sound->Volume), useful when using ThumbJam as a MIDI controller
• MIDI file export of active loops with ‘Open In’ in another app, or via email. Now puts all loops into a single Type 1 MIDI file, one track per loop.
• Now responds to MIDI bank and program change messages, to change the loaded instrument, or quick key/scale slot (see manual for details)
• Export/Import of user presets added (for backup purposes), accessible via Wifi Transfer interface
• VoiceOver support improved dramatically: on iOS5 you can now play the instrument on the main play area without switching out of VoiceOver mode. Sliders are now more accessible, properly announcing their name and value, as well as being swipe adjustable.
• Split multi-instrument presets can now be saved
• Can now specify category for user-created instruments
• Added options parameter to specify the concert A reference tuning in Hz
• Fixed ‘button-of-death’ that unexpectedly deleted all user data
• Fixed issues with stereo instrument samples
• Fixed custom scale saving issues
• Fixed voice stealing when sustained
• Fixed various MIDI event sending buglets
• Fixed occasional loss of downloaded instruments
• Fixed issues with saving the MIDI files
• Fixed issues when other apps change the samplerate, was causing loops/instruments to be out of tune
• Fixed crash with voiceover use on iPad
• and more….