Here’s a list of music apps that can use the iOS ‘Open In…’ function to open audio files in other applications. This can be done with any app that supports ‘Open In…’, the Dropbox app is just being shown as an example. In the Dropbox app, you need to have the file starred (stored locally) before you can use open it in other apps.
Help this list grow by commenting any missing apps below!
List last updated October 15, 2012
- Hokusai Audio Editor – open Wav, Mp3
- Stochastik Drum Machine – open Wav
- MultiTrack DAW - open .Wav, Mp3 – Has an ‘Open In…’ button for Regions, Bins, and Mixdowns
- FL Studio Mobile and FL Studio Mobile HD- open Wav, Mp3
- Music Studio - open Wav, Mp3
- n-Track Studio- open Wav
- SampleWiz- open Wav
- Reforge – Waveform Editor – open Wav
- JamUp Pro – open Mp3
- Tempo SlowMo – open Mp3
- TwistedWave Audio Editor
- BitWiz Audio Synth
- Loopy HD – open Wav, Mp3
- MoDrum - import Wav, Mp3 for the built in looper and open loops created in MoDrum in other apps
- Air Recorder – supports ‘Open In…’ for opening in other applications
- NLog MIDI Synth & NLogSynth PRO - export Wav recording in other apps
- ThumbJam – This app actually has a very useful audio file manager. you can use ‘Open In…’ to open just about anything from made in the ThumbJam in other apps: the individual loops of a loop set, sessions, and samples.
- Sylo Synthesiser Free app, IAP (in app purchase required for ‘Open In…’) – Open recordings in other apps
- DrumJam – Open loops or a whole performances as 44.1kHz 16-bit WAV files in other apps
- New! djay – Open audio files in djay and open recordings in other apps
Like this list? Check out my grand list of app lists here!